How to make restaurant style Butter Chicken at Home, Best Butter Chicken Recipe
Today, will share restaurant style butter chicken recipe with you on women’s day special. Women’s day is a celebration time for every lady to celebrate her womanhood! And we as her near and dear ones need to make the celebrations memorable for her. It’s a day of fun, surprises and gifts when every woman anticipates her family member to pamper her and shower loads of love and happiness.
We are sure that by now you might have juggled out several ideas to make the women at your home the happiest lady today!
We know the pulse of a woman and apart from gifts, shopping and outing she is also happy to get a holiday and stay out of kitchen (at least a day). This also gives her quality time to be by herself and explore new avenues. This much needed break by the ladies leaves you with the option to either dine out at a restaurant or fetch for home delivered food. Think over it; is that not something that you might have done often and surely that’s not going to be special which will surprise her?
For the ones who really care for the women in their life and wish to make this day a memorable one, we got an idea for you. How about if you cook her favorite dish today? Sounds exciting!! Right, so what next…? The kitchen door is to your left and the kitchen apron is waiting for you inside the cupboard. Hit your kitchen right away and we are here to help you with a mouth-licking butter chicken recipe which will beat the best butter chicken restaurant recipe that you might have ever had.
Ingredients for Restaurant style butter chicken recipe :
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
(A) For Chicken Marinade :
- 1 kg Boneless Chicken (cut into small or medium pieces)
- 1 table spoon Cooking oil
- Half cup yogurt (even curd would do just in case you find difficulty getting yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon of : – a) coriander powder b) Kashmiri Red Chilli powder (for color and also because it is not spicy) c) half teaspoon turmeric powder d) 1 teaspoon Garam Masala e) 1 teaspoon Salt (or as per your taste buds requirement)
(B) For Chicken Gravy :
- 1 tablespoon oil and 3 tablespoon butter. You can skip oil and only use butter as well.
- 2 cardamom pods, 1 cinnamon stick, 3 cloves, 5 whole chillies (Kashmiri), 8 cloves garlic, 5 tomatoes (nicely chopped), ¼ cup Cashewnut, 2 tablespoon dry Kasuri Methi leaves, 2 tablespoon fresh cream and salt to taste as per the need.
(C) Cooking Instructions :
Cooking Time : 50 Minutes
- First marinade the cleaned chicken pieces with the ingredients mentioned in chicken marinade section (A). Mix it thoroughly and set it aside for 15-20 minutes. Keep it in the refrigerator if you wish to marinade it for longer duration (more than an hour or so)
- In a pan, add 1 teaspoon of oil and 3 tablespoons butter. Add the ingredients mentioned above in section B. i.e. cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, whole red chillies and garlic. Sauté it for a minute on a low flame until you can smell the spice fragrance. Add onion and sauté it on medium flame till it turns pinkish yellow. Ensure that the onions are not get burnt or turn black due to overheating. Reduce the flame and now add tomatoes and cashew nuts. Let the tomato get pulpy and start releasing its watery content to make the entire pan content semi liquid. Keep it on low flame for 15 minutes.
- Now, leave the mixture to get cool. After it becomes cool, blend the entire mixture it into a fine paste. It is preferred to remove the cinnamon stick before blending as it might make your butter chicken smell more of cinnamon and there is a high possibility of it ruining the butter fragrance of the recipe.
- Now, heat the pan or kadhai with 1 teaspoon of oil and add the marinated chicken. After 2 minutes turn it around and heat both the sides of the chicken thoroughly. Now add the grinded mixture paste, (tomato ketchup optional) and 1 cup of water. Reduce the flame and bring it to boil. Cover it with a lid and let it cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Your butter chicken is now ready to get dressed with fresh cream and kasuri methi leaves on the top which will adorn its look and the aroma.
So, now there you go to set the table!! After setting the table, it’s time you checked out of your kitchen robe and adorn the prince charming attire. The hot simmering and mouth watering butter chicken is ready to savour with hot roti’s and basmati rice. That’s all you need today to make the most special person in your life feel on the top of the world!!
If you like this article, please share with others and have a question, feel free to ask in the comments section below.